The Ashby Village Communications Team is seeking new members. The team publicizes Ashby Village and promotes more and better intra-Village communication. As part of the Communications Team, members:
- Meet regularly to discuss the objectives and implementation of Village communication strategies
- Share ideas and recruit Village members and volunteers for specific communications tasks
- Help the Village staff and board set internal and external communications priorities
- Provide, as possible, communications support to Neighborhood Groups and other Village Teams (e.g., the Events Team)
- Identify and contact print and broadcast media venues to help us reach our key audiences.
- Experience or interest in communications field
- Fluency in, or willingness to learn, social media
- Excellent communications skills
- Good organization skills and “big picture” vision
- Ability to work independently under the general direction of the Communications Team chair and designated Village staff
Time commitment is variable, and will be established on a project-by-project basis. Volunteers will work remotely with some in-office committee meetings and consultations and some Neighborhood Group and Village Team meetings.