We are seeking volunteers to join the Ashby Village Decluttering Team. Using a five-step decluttering plan developed by an AV member and professional organizer, Decluttering Buddies work with AV members to implement strategies to organize home clutter. Under the direction of volunteer Team Leader Jean Hoehn, these buddies:
· Meet with AV members in their homes to help them develop a personalized decluttering strategy
· Help members distinguish items such as important documents and memorabilia from other possessions and paperwork accumulated over a lifetime
· Following a step-by-step process, help with hands-on organizing and purging of possessions
· Experience or interest in home and office decluttering
· Ability to understand and implement decluttering plan
· Ability to engage and communicate with members
· Ability to identify potential household hazards related to clutter
· Warmth, humor, enthusiasm!
Buddies must be able to commit to multiple visits with a requesting member until the task is completed.